Good Times

trackback

Monday, September 29, 2008

After reading this letter I was reminded of the emotions and worries that were part of my journey when I arrived here at Rhodes. This letter helped me conjure up those emotions and although my letter did not focus on the emotional side of coming to Rhodes and the struggles we’ve faced since then (like many of the letters have). In my letter I chose to focus on one aspect of the rhodent lifestyle which everyone becomes accustomed to when arriving here, rather than the general view of how one feels when they arrive here. By focussing on issues such as academics and the social life at Rhodes I tried to pave a way for my younger self so that she could choose the kind of lifestyle she would adopt when she got here. The letter to Kaz seems to focus on the emotional side of first year experience; I found it ineffective because compared to my own she seemed to be focussing on what had occurred in the first semester of the year, while I was focussed on the social transition from high school to varsity with an emphasis on social and sporting life.
http://www.bungeemylife.blogspot.com

1 comments:

? said...

Hello, I'm intrigued by your writing and I would love to return and follow your blog. May I ask, what exactly is the rhodent lifestyle? I also see that you like reading, have you read the master and margarita?