Good Times

I thought I was too oold for naps

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

University and pre-school have a lot in common. Think about it my friend. For one thing you eat breakfast at eight, lunch at twelve and dinner at five. Another thing that the two institutions have in common is naps.
When I came to Rhodes I didn’t know what naps were. I felt like I had walked into a country with a very different language and that is why we have included a few key terms that will better help you speak the language of Rhodes. Having naps is generally associated with having not slept in your own bed. This, however, does not mean that you should go around saying that you had naps just because you passed out on your friend’s floor. “Naps” has a definite sexual connotation, but it is not all about one night stands and meaningless sex. You can have “naps” with your boyfriend or girlfriend. You can also have “naps” with a random stranger or just somebody that you’re interested in. “Naps” is not just limited to full on sexual intercourse (as my mum would put it) but can include anything from a simple make-out session to the most hectic kinds of kink.
“Naps” at University are not something to call home about. They are as common as short skirts at friars. This is not to say that there are no issues surrounding the bedtime adventures. In my next blog I will be writing about boundaries and how to find your own boundaries at a place where the rules are limited and even those

0 comments: