Good Times

This Christmas

Sunday, October 12, 2008


This Christmas

The last time I cried when watching a movie was when I watched The Notebook, it crippled my spine with pain and filled me with joy at the same time, making my emotions rage and forming waterfalls of tears down my eyes. I am in love with movies, music and written pieces that move my soul, lifting it (my soul) high into a different place and bringing joy to my heart, but this means…they have to make me cry.


I watched This Christmas the other day which is another movie which bought tears to my eyes. It highlights the importance of family and emphasises the joy family brings to ones life. I lost an aunt(Mamani Selina) recently and have not felt so much pain since my Grandmother past on in April 2007. I felt as though my skin was been peeled off my body, my eyes had cried so many tears, my nose had been blown so many times, my brain scanned so many memories of her and I together, my soul collapsed, my head ached and… I… cried.


I cried because it never made sense, but lately this ‘world’ doesn’t make any sense. I was in denial and a part of me still is. But the friend I have in God made it okay, even when I felt it never will be. Through the storm He helped me smile, the sun has been painted above my head again because His the artist of my life and all the pieces of my soul are being restored. She meant the moon and the stars to me and so did I to her, but only we knew how we felt about each other. Sadly I will not be spending This Christmas with her, like we had planned to, only because she is nothing but a tearful memory. God is love.

1 comments:

Teekz25 said...

Nca my friend this is so beautiful, I am so sad that i was the one who reminded you that you will not be spending This Christmas with aunt Selina. I am very sorry for your loss, it is not easy for me to talk to you about it because I do not know how to approach it, wish i could just give a long lasting hug. God is good all the time and He will pull you out of this situation. I am here for you and love you very much mwah nana